Sheet Pan Salmon is an easy and healthy meal that can be made quickly with one pan! We like to pair the salmon with green beans and garlic, but you can also do other vegetables like potatoes, asparagus, and more. We find that we crave this when the kids have asked for spaghetti one too many times or if we’re looking to eat something healthier during a time when there is an abundance of treats around (like peppermint chocolate covered pretzels and cake), during holidays, birthdays, etc. The best part about Sheet Pan Salmon is that everything quickly cooks together on one pan, it’s so easy!
I used fresh, 5-ounce salmon portions for this recipe; however, I have also used frozen in the past. If you decide to use frozen salmon, you will want to make sure you follow the instructions on the package for thawing the salmon properly. Additionally, fresh lemon and garlic add a lot of flavor this this meal.
As a general guideline, cook fish for 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness for fresh fish. Our salmon portions were a little thicker, so I opted for a longer time. The USDA has a great chart explaining the safe internal temperature for fish.
Sheet Pan Salmon
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Sheet pan
- Silicone brush
- 2 five-ounce salmon portions, skin removed
- 12 ounces of fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (divided, 1 teaspoon per salmon portion, remaining on green beans)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided, 1/4 teaspoon per salmon portion, remaining on green beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (divided, 1/8 teaspoon per salmon portion, remaining on green beans)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Using a silicone brush, coat the top, sides, and bottom of the salmon portions with olive oil. Use remaining olive oil to coat the green beans.
- Season the salmon and green beans generously with salt and pepper. (Approximately 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper per salmon portion.)
- Top the salmon portions with sliced lemon and squeeze remaining lemon juice over the salmon portions and green beans.
- Top the green beans with garlic slices.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork. An instant read thermometer should read 145 F. Serve and enjoy!